Thursday 11 June 2009

Dynamo of Volition

WARNING: The following blog post will probably make little or no sense.

Ah who cares, that's what you came here for isn't it? Mind you the flow of words from my fingers (I wish it could be from my tongue because then the flow would be a lot more fluid than the current motion) is often random and I think that that makes it better because it means that I just say what's in my head. Here I'm literally doing that because I'm just letting it all out. Dynamo of Volition? A dynamo is an electrical generator (or the original name for one) and volition is a term in linguistics referring to a distinction that is made in some languages' verb conjugations or case assignment to express whether the subject intended the action or not, or whether it was done voluntarily or accidentally. So the two words together mean almost absolutely nothing but I've interpreted as a constant flow of words that appear to have little or no meaning. A bit like my thoughts really (and to a lesser extent my blog, seeing as that isn't constant. Although that would be cool and creepy at the same time. STAY OUT OF MY HEAD!)

Still I think that was the point of my blog originally, not to tell you about myself and my life or to amuse you but just to get a few of my thoughts onto paper (well screen technically but you know what I mean). However that can sometimes be restricted for reasons of which I'm not quite sure but they stop me and then I can't get out what I want to say. They stop the flow. Which can be a pain but maybe that can be a good thing, it might stop me from saying something that I regret and it might work in real life as well (I actually hate when people say that, so their blog isn't about real life?) and be able to stop me from making that regretful choice of words. Or it could just be my stammer that stops me in real life. Or that could be that subconscious part of me again that gives me that stammer to make me realise that what I'm about to say could be not the right thing to say. You see?

I'll be surprised if you do see as none of this will make any sense to you at all probably an the grammar is most likely all wrong and the sentence structure worded all wrongly, still it's my blog so I'll structure it how I like. And it's what's coming straight from my head so that's what counts.

Anyway hope you've enjoyed reading this as much as I have writing it. It has been a highly entertaining thing although maybe my blogs should make slightly more sense in the future. I will now take leave and give you my lack of non-absence.

No comments:

Post a Comment